Like the I.M.Fly Blog!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Artist of the Month: Jimmy Baptiste

This month I.M.Fly feature artist is drawer/painter Jimmy Baptiste. We at Innovative Motion had the chance to sit down with Jimmy and ask him about his current state of creativity, his influences and future projects. I.M.Fly will also be  partnering with Mr. Baptiste in our next collection. Enjoy the work of this extremely talented MontrĂ©al product by clicking on the links located below.

Question 1: When and why did you start drawing?
I don't really remember, probably ever since I was able to hold a pencil.  

Question 2: In five words, how would you explain your style of art?
Beauty, nature, simplicity, unique me. 


Question 3: Who are your biggest influnces? 
My mom always supported me. She raised four kid by herself while going to school and working full time when I was a kid. Creatively, humm Alphose Mucha, Jerry The Sailor, Alex Ross, Jim Lee and Stan Lee just to name a few. 


Question 4: What is your definition of success?
Happiness.


Question 5: How do you feel about the present state of t-shirt designs?
There some cool stuff out there. Personally, when I'm not wearing one my designs I love wearing a crisp white v-neck. 


Question 6: If there was one artistic talent you wish you had other then drawing, what would it be? 
Singing.


Question 7: What is your favorite part about Montreal? 
The women in the summer!


Question 8: When you are not drawing, you are doing ______? 
Chilling...


Question 9: Tell us about your current projects.
Right now, I'm working on differente collaborations with local and international companies. Licensing, creating and selling illustration for them. I'm also coming up with a couple of tee shirts of my own, watercolored litho and silkscreens posters and building a online store.


Question 10: What is your definition of FLY?
Freedom above everything else.


Official website: www.JimmyBaptiste.com



No comments:

Post a Comment